Thursday, April 24, 2008

vacation and spring cleaning

can someone explain to me how one person can hang on to so much junk? i'm on vacation this week and decided to do some spring cleaning. i must have had old files/letters/pay stubs from 1762. the bank i belong to has one of those super-duper shred trucks come by every quarter. i took a recycle bag full of stuff to shred. but, i'm not done. that's just a couple of boxes worth of stuff i've hung on to.

i went through my closet too and got donated some of my clothes that i haven't worn in quite a while. i had a footbath that someone had given me for christmas a few years back. donated that too...like i'm going to give myself pedicures....lol. i'm all about the pampering pedicure from a professional.

i feel much better getting rid of some of my stuff so far. i was reading in a feng shui book that i had bought goodness knows when. i found it when i was going through some of my stuff in my desk...oh, there it is...oops. but any way, it talked about getting rid of stuff that is holding you back. those couple of boxes of old files, etc., have been on my thoughts. i need the space for my increasing yarn stashage....lol. it was just a matter of time before that happened.

update on janelle: it's just a little over a month before janelle graduates!!! time flies...it's hard to believe my baby is going to college in the fall. she went for another scholarship interview this past tuesday. we drove up after she got out of school. she's got most of her costs covered so far. this one will just help even more. i'm proud of her and what she's accomplished this year. she has worked really hard and it's paying off. she has a good chance of getting a couple of local scholarships as well.

oh and guess what? she's going to cheer at north greenville. we found out last week. i'm so excited for her!!! she is going to cheer football, basketball, and be on the competitive cheer squad. she's been working on her tumbling skills and has almost picked back up where she was when she stopped competition cheerleading a few years ago. i have already looked into season tickets and reserved parking for the home games. i can probably make most of the in-state away games.

on the weight watchers front, i have lost 36 pounds. i was kind of gaining/losing 1-2 pounds back and forth and finally broke through. i haven't gone to water aerobics but one time in the last 3 weeks. there were some issues that came up so i didn't go. but i've still managed to lose weight. i told my ww leader i was puzzled by the fact that i've lost. i'm not unhappy about it...don't get me wrong. i just don't understand how i can lose when i haven't been exercising and truthfully, i haven't been eating quite right either. she said sometimes your body gets in a rut, even with doing the right thing. the slight detour i took has probably kick-started something so i could lose again. i told her i have been floundering wanting to get past the 35 pound mark. now i am, so i'm getting back on track. i'm not sure if i can lose the 50 by janelle's graduation, but i'm going to try.

well, i'm going to go now. i've got to pack b/c i'm going to my sister's house this weekend. she lives in myrtle beach and wanted me to come down for my birthday. i'll be 43 on april 25 at 8:30am officially. we're planning on hanging out by her pool and relaxing and visiting old times. i'm really looking forward to it. :)

2 comments:

EnnaVic said...

I was watching my big boy (9) today and thinking how fast time goes - that he is probably halfway through his life with us now. Yikes!

I should follow your lead and do a huge cleanout - when my youngest goes to school in a few months it will give me some time during the day when I can sort things out without interruption. Or at least that is the theory *g*

Just Me said...

Congrats to Janelle for doing so well, and to you for doing so well on Weight Watchers!! That's fantastic news.