Saturday, April 26, 2008

relaxing

this has been a great birthday weekend so far. i'm here at my sister's house in myrtle beach. i drove in yesterday evening. for my birthday dinner, we had low country boil that was very, very yummy. it had shrimp, crawfish, sausage, corn, and potatoes. nothing else....just that. and we topped it off later with a little tiny bit of ben and jerry's low fat ice cream and a wee little birthday cake.

the weather is beautiful although the pool isn't quite warm enough to get in and splash around yet. i wish the water was warm enough to swim and do some water aerobics. we're thinking about the hot tub later on. that will probably work too...lol.

earlier today suzy treated me to a manicure and pedicure. my toes are cute again...lol. i was in desparate need of a pedicure. sitting in the massage chair with my feet soaking in the hot bubbly water was pure bliss. i just felt any stress melt away.

i took pics of some of my knitting projects that i had finished. i just realized i haven't taken a pic of one that i need to get out of my car. i'm working on the squiggle shawl by shelley mackie from magknits (which sadly is no longer online). i cast-on a second one because the first one was huge. i had tried bigger needles than the ones recommended. i'm an ample-sized gal and it wraps around me several times. so instead of ripping it out (again), i'm casting on a second one and then i'll frog the other one later on. i'm still debating whether to use it as a window treatment in my room. i like the gauzy effect of it and want to do something different in my room anyway.

well i'm going to go now. i'm going to try and catch the end of the nationwide race....

No comments: