Tuesday, April 8, 2008

something funny that happened at work

a couple of weeks ago, we had a mandatory meeting we all had to attend. basically, our managers were updating us with the ongoing projects, new hires, folks who left the company, etc. during this one exceptionally exciting segment of the presentation, i hear this sound:

pheeeewwww....pheeeeewwwww....pheeeeewwwww

i couldn't figure out if i was wheezing or not. i had been congested earlier in the day and had taken some otc sinus/allergy med. i held my breath and closed off the end of my nose. i still heard

pheeeewwww....pheeeeewwwww....pheeeeewwwww

my co-worker sitting next to me asked me if everything was ok. i started to laugh but had to bite my tongue. i wrote her a quick note that i would let her know after the meeting.

when we got back to our desks, she said i had to tell her why i was holding my nose. i almost couldn't tell her from laughing so hard. i told her i was hearing this sound during the meeting

pheeeewwww....pheeeeewwwww....pheeeeewwwww

she said she heard it too and it was a lady she used to work with who has breathing issues. i told her i was holding my nose to determine whether or not it was me. if it was then i would stop by the bathroom on the way back to my desk. she looked at me funny. she rolled on the floor laughing when i told her i thought i had a booger whistle.

have a good one!! :)

No comments: