Friday, December 14, 2007

friday

i've been tagged by beverly. she is a hoot, so y'all put her on your daily-must-read blogroll. and her name is beverly, so i know she's cool.

the tag rules are:
1. link to the person who tagged you.
2. post the rules on your blog.
3. share 7 facts about yourself.
4. tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs.
5. let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
-----------------------------------------------
random fact #1: i love nascar racing, particularly i love elliott sadler. he drives #19 best buy dodge for gillette/evernham motorsports. i picked elliott as my driver in 2003 when he drove the #38 m&m's ford taurus. he is 10 years and 5 days younger than me. elliott is a cutie pie and has an awesome virginia southern drawl that just makes me weak in the knees.

random fact #2: when i was younger i didn't want just anyone calling me by my nickname, bev. that right was reserved for my family and a few close friends. when someone would call me bev and i didn't give them the ok to do so, i would correct them and tell them my name is beverly. now it doesn't bother me as much if someone calls me bev.

random fact #3: i'm a wimp when it comes to pain. if you've been reading my blog (all 2 of you), you know that i've had gallbladder and knee surgery this year. the pain after the gallbladder surgery was not as bad as the pain after the knee surgery. i can't stand the constant aching feeling that i've had in my knee this past week. fortunately dr. b recommended managing the pain during the day by taking one aleve in the morning, one midday, and 2 in the afternoon. he said to reserve the percocet for home in the evening since it makes me drowsy. he
thinks if i get on that aleve regimen, i will eliminate much of the pain. plus he reminded me it had only been a week since i had surgery. in my defense, i haven't been sick or hurt much in the past, so i don't know how to deal with not being healthy.

random fact #4: i absolutely love to knit. i have been knitting for a little over a year and wish i had started knitting younger in life. i've already made plans for things i want to knit for my family and friends in 2008, plus there are some charity knitting projects that i want to get involved in. this is one of them.

random fact #5: my favorite all-time food is sushi. i could eat sushi every day if i could afford to buy it. i would make it every day if i could. i have tried, but got frustrated with it because my sushi rolls would fall apart. it's definitely an art to making pretty sushi rolls. i'll have to see if there is a continuing ed class at asu for making sushi.

random fact #6: i'm proud of the fact that my family is close-knit. i know people who haven't talked to their family members for years and that's sad to me. i don't talk to my brother and sister all the time, but we still stay in touch and enjoy being around each other when we can. it's funny when we're all together how we fall back into our childhood roles. my parents did a great job raising us and have kept us close.

random fact #7: i know a lot about nutrition even though you wouldn't know it to look at me. i'm extremely overweight and working hard to lose the weight (i'm a weight watchers member). as i've said in some of my posts, my mindset is much different this time. i look back on how i used to eat and how much i used to eat and i'm absolutely amazed i'm not bigger than i am. my parents taught us how to eat properly and what we needed to do to fuel our bodies and how exercise is important. i just chose at a point to not follow what i was taught and what i know. my health issues that i have dealt with this year have come about, to a degree, due to my overeating and lack of exercise over the last several years. i feel i'm on the right track and don't want to do anything to jeopardize my success so far.
-----------------------------------------------
here's the folks i tagged...i hope they don't mind. :) i've been reading donna's blog for a while and the other folks i found during nablopomo.
donna
angelaraeknits
knit 'n nascar
knitting 40 shades of green
liana
enna
alison
-----------------------------------------------
kisses...

p.s. have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

EnnaVic said...

Hi Beverley,

I just did my Random 7 meme. Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm having a quick wander around before I sort out this hedgehog!

Just Me said...

Thanks for visiting! My responses are posted (though not terribly exciting). Hope the leg is feeling better.