Friday, December 14, 2007

can't sleep

and it's probably because i came home from work, took a percocet, and took a nap. that's ok since i was hurting. i go see dr. b today for post-surgery follow up. i'm going to ask him for some help with pain during the day. i'm hoping he'll give me something to ease the pain and not make me loopy or sleepy.

i did not have a good day at work yesterday. i'm ready to get moved to my new spot. it was an ordeal just trying to organize that. i've got most of my stuff boxed up. i had to leave some things out so i could work when i go in. i'm taking my laptop with me when i go to my doctor's appointment b/c all my stuff is going to be moved while i'm gone. i'll only be at the new desk temporarily. there is a consultant sitting in my final destination. she'll be here until the end of the year and then i can move.

i've got a box full of stuff to take home too. jane is going to loan me her luggage carrier thingie-bob so i can load the box up and take it to my car. i'm definitely going to try to not accumulate a ton of stuff at my new desk. i got rid of a lot of old pens and notebooks that i don't need. recycling, baby...lol.

i am knitting a scarf for my boss' christmas present. i'm giving it to her next week before she goes on vacation. i'm making her up a little gift bag with her favorite chocolates, some dark chocolate-covered pretzels from fresh market, and the scarf. we're supposed to be in the mid-20's next week, which is a big switch from the 70-80 degree weather we've had this week. i'm sitting here in shorts right now.

good night and sweet dreams!!

kisses...

2 comments:

Donna said...

mid 20s for temps? Here's hoping! I am darned tired of this hot weather in December. It makes me fell very Scroogish!

Sauntering Soul said...

It's been in the 70's and 80's here in Atlanta all week too. They say North Georgia may get snow by this Sunday. What a drastic change!

P.S. You're tagged.