Friday, December 7, 2007

day of idiots

it never fails that something goes wrong when i ask someone to cover for me at work. there was a simple task to perform...close the ap databases. if anything weird popped up, call me. simple as that. but did that happen? of course not! i've got a mess sitting and waiting for me when i get in monday morning. all because the girl covering for me could not pick up the phone and ask for help.

she hasn't covered for me in a while so i stressed to her to call me if she ran into any problems. i don't know if it's because she doesn't want to ask for my help or she's embarassed that she doesn't remember or what. she took something that could have been resolved in a half an hour into a 2 day ordeal and involving several groups of people who have to help fix it. i'm just so frustrated!!

and get this...i wouldn't have known about the problem except one of my other co-workers texted me about it. the girl didn't even pick up the phone and call me after the mistake was made. i told her boss that is what pissed me off the most. when was she going to tell me about the snafu? i guess when i come in on monday. grrrrrrrrrr.....
***********************************************************
on a more upbeat note, i ordered part of janelle's christmas a few minutes ago. i think she's going to be pleased. she doesn't ask for much anymore so i try to get her what she wants if i can. i'll probably get her some gift cards to her fav clothing stores and some other little odds & ends. i haven't a clue as to what to put in her stocking. there were some cute little stocking stuffers at books-a-million that she would get a kick out of. since she has expressed and interest in knitting, i might buy her a basic knitting set and some yarn.

donna helped ease the left-handed/right-handed issue i was worried about. she said her daughter is left-handed but knits just fine right-handed. janelle is very adaptable so i know she'll probably do better than i do.

a couple of good things: i haven't been hungry today and no, i haven't been eating non-stop....lol. i have followed my weight watchers points today. the 2nd thing is i haven't had much pain today. i managed to go up and down the stairs with relative ease, take a shower, clean the cat boxes, straighten out the kitchen/load the dishwasher, etc. so i feel like i'll be able to drive myself to work with no problems on monday.

well, i'm going to go now. i've got to fix myself some dinner.

kisses...

1 comment:

Sauntering Soul said...

Are you on crutches from the knee surgery? Perhaps you could hit the idiot co-worker in the back of the knee caps with one of your crutches on Monday morning.