Thursday, December 13, 2007

Eatalong...not for me anymore

Eatalong...not for me anymore

Were having our Christmas potluck today in the department I’m leaving.  I have been very selective with what I’ve eaten, but even that has left me not feeling so well.  Im having a little bit of acid reflux.  I promise I could taste the fat in a couple of the things I ate.  There are some co-workers who are grazing non-stop today.  Its actually turning my stomach at the sight of them constantly shoving food in their mouths.

How did I eat like that in the past?  I have definitely come a long way in a short period of time since I’ve been on Weight Watchers.  I told one of my co-workers in my new group that I’m sticking to the Weight Watchers food next week with the potluck over there.

Ive been Ms. Crabby Pants, too, today.  One of the organizers of this event has gotten under my skin.  They sent an email Because of the generosity of Employee A, Employee B, & Employee C, we will have fried chicken strips & some shrimp cocktail to supplement the items y'all are bringing tomorrow.  This means those folks gave money instead of fixing something to bring.  I asked her why she didnt list what the rest of us were generously cooking or baking to bring.  Were the folks who contributed money the only ones recognized for their efforts?  And then this morning she had to dictate where food went, whether it was lunch or breakfast or dessert or whatever.

I need a nap.  And a Percocet.

Kisses

P.S. It doesnt help that my knee is hurting even though I took Aleve this morning and have been keeping it elevated and iced.

No comments: