Tuesday, February 12, 2008

it finally caught up with me

the yuck that's been going around, that is. i feel much better than i did this morning. i slept most of the day and am back among the living. everyone at work has had it. the guy i share cubicle space with has had it for a while now. he swears he's not contagious and that he does not come to work when he has a fever. the only way i would know if he's telling the truth or not is if i took his temperature.

yesterday sucked at work. one because i wasn't feeling well and two because i got in trouble about something i have no control over. part of my new responsibilities is user security access. the process is not a 5 minute deal like some folks have been led to believe. the request has to go through an approval process and through several groups for set up. i got my butt chewed on because one of the groups is slow at times to respond. in their defense, they do have a lot on their plate. but i do take offense when i get reprimanded about something out of my control. for a couple of users i sent 4 separate emails requesting that they be set up. i forwarded for the 5th time, a request to have the users set up. we'll see when i get back in the office tomorrow. i'll probably get fussed at about that as well. grrrrrr.......

well i'm going to go lay back down now. enough griping for one day...

3 comments:

Just Me said...

I'm sorry you got harassed for stuff beyond your control. I hate it when that happens. Hopefully the 19 will do well in his Duel tomorrow!

Donna said...

I hope you're feeling better by now. Work sucks when you get chewed out. I just hate that.

Sauntering Soul said...

Hope you're feeling better by now! That stuff has been going around my office lately too. Knock on wood I haven't caught it yet. My cubicle mate was out sick today. Several of the other floors in our firm have been hit pretty hard with it so I guess it was only time before they spread it up to our area.