Wednesday, January 2, 2008

new year starting off with a bang!

and yes i'm going to talk about my 4.6 lbs that i lost during the christmas and new year holiday week!!! i was so excited when our ww leader told me how much i had lost.

i don't know how to say this, so i'll just say it. i'm a big girl and i'm not talking tall. i'm only 5 foot 2 inches tall. i was eating my way to getting as wide as i am tall. fortunately we started the weight watchers group at work at just the right time for me. when we began, i was thinking how hard it was going to be to follow the plan during thanksgiving, christmas, and new year's. i love my holiday eating. surprisingly it hasn't been as hard as i thought for me to do what i need to do. i'm more focused now and don't want to jeopardize what i've accomplished so far.

now don't get me wrong...i have made some choices here over the last few days that i haven't been particulary proud of. um, like the dipped cone from dairy queen on sunday and i had a chick fil a ice cream cone one day last week. looking back i see i was craving ice cream. i need to plan on giving myself ice cream from time to time. i love my ice cream and would eat it every day if i could. if i plan ahead and choose when i'm going to have it, then i don't take the chance of backsliding into old eating habits. i've got to do some investigative work to see who has the best ice cream that won't take a whole day's points.

i can only imagine how increasing my activity level ( water aerobics!!) is going to help me reach my 10 percent goal for this first session. i was looking through some of the ww literature on exercising. a person of my size can earn a couple of activity points on a 30 minute wal-mart shopping excursion. that is about as close to "working out" as i'm getting right now so i'll take it.

i feel like 2008 is going to be a banner year for me. it's taken a while, but i think i'm back on track. and i feel really, really good about it!

kisses...

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Good for you! I'm glad everything's moving in the right direction for you!