Thursday, January 3, 2008

crochet goodness

this evening i've been checking out 2 of my favorite crochet-alongs:

when i was a kid, my mom taught me how to crochet. for some reason i caught on fairly quickly with crochet. on and off throughout the years, i've crocheted various things like baby blankets and scarves. last year i made a granny square lap afghan for my mom (while watching kill bill vols. 1 & 2....lol). i also crocheted 2 cute amigurimi cats - squeaker and sherbeena and have a ripple crochet blanket in progress. you can check them all out via my webshots album. (i'm having issues with blogger uploading some of my images.)

i think i might pick up the ripple crochet blanket and try to finish it during our cold snap we're having. it's about 30 inches long so it would hang nicely over my lap and keep me warm while i'm being productive. who knows i might have a cat or two supervise the progress?

oh and guess what i discovered today at work? we have access to this awesome breakroom that has couches and comfy chairs. the room is brightly lit with floor-to-ceiling windows. there's also a tv and cafe-style tables. some of the ladies were watching soaps while they ate their lunch and visited with each other. i felt refreshed and ready to jump back into work after my lunch hour. if i time it right, i could take my lunch and watch qualifying when nascar season is back in full swing. i tell you, this move to the new group keeps getting better and better...lol.

i'm going to go look at some more ripples and granny squares. have a good one!

kisses...

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Ooh, I have break room envy!!! I'd love to have a comfy place to curl up during lunch, knit, and watch quals. Of course, the hard part for me would be not sneaking in there ALL the time.