Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday before

We had our weight watchers meeting yesterday.  I lost 3 more pounds for a total of 8!  I wish I could work out some b/c I know I can lose more.  That’s ok b/c I will be able to work out once my knee is fixed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Answer me this….why do people have to bring their whole family when they go for a doctor’s visit?  I can understand when couples go to the do doctor together.  My parents go with each other.  Part of it is they usually have something planned after the visit and are saving time by the one not having to drive back home to pick up the other.   Yesterday when I went to Dr. B’s office, there was a family there.  I understand that the guy who was the patient needed to have someone drive him b/c he had a cast on his foot and looked like he had a hard time getting around.  What I don’t understand is why Grandma and the kids had to be there as well.  One of the kids, a girl about 12-13 years old, went all throughout the huge waiting room and picked up or touched every magazine.  And she would yell across the room about how she liked something in the magazine, then fling it down and move on to the next table.  Thankfully I didn’t have to sit out there too terribly long with her.  She started to come over near me and I threw a look that said “don’t even think about it”.  When the nurse called me to the back, I told her I was glad she called me back.  I couldn’t stand another moment with that kid in the waiting room.  She said something about they were like that every time they came in to the office.  So this wasn’t an isolated incident…

I am not tolerant with bratty kids.  I understand that kids are going to act out sometimes.  That’s just kids being kids and sometimes their environment or circumstance causes them to act out.  What I don’t understand is parents allowing their kids to running around disturbing others.  If we had ever acted like that girl did yesterday, my Mom would have jerked a knot in my tail.  All she had to do was give us the Mom look and we knew we were in trouble.  Bottom line, we never would have gotten up out of our seats to begin with or would we have touched stuff unless we asked if it was ok.  Janelle rarely acted out either.  When she was younger I had a bag we took everywhere with us.  She had books or Barbie or something to color or draw on.  I made sure she had something to do when we waited, whether at the doctors or dentists office or even at a restaurant.  I do have to say I have been blessed with a good kid.

Ok, I’m off the soapbox nowlol. 

Kisses

No comments: