Saturday, November 3, 2007

oh dairy queen...why do you tempt me so?!

i am a proud member of the blizzard fan club. if you saw me in person, you would understand why! :) as i've said in other posts, i'm starting weight watchers this upcoming wednesday. i've had some folks ask me if i have planned for a last hurrah before i start dieting. i had prepared myself to not go crazy and panic before dieting and to not eat like a mad woman.

well, dairy queen has a pumpkin pie blizzard this month! pumpkin pie has to be one of my most favorite things in the world, especially my mom's homemade pumpkin pie. i think i'm going to give in and have a small pumpkin pie blizzard to get it out of my system. and i plan on eating it tomorrow, possibly for my lunch...lol. i figure that way i can not have a craving hanging over me and start fresh with the weight loss.

my mom was a stay-at-home mom and in my opinion, was a perfect example of a mom. she prided herself on cooking from scratch. no canned biscuits allowed at our house! she made the best ice cream, too. she would mix it up and then my dad would operate the churn. when we lived on east avenue, we would sit on the porch helping dad turn the handle until the ice cream was ready. when we got to electric ice cream churn, we had homemade ice cream more often. i remember going to pick a pail of blackberries to take home to mom. she'd make a blackberry cobbler to go along with the freshly churned ice cream. oh my goodness! it didn't get better than that i tell you. i have loved ice cream ever since.

i know that i can still have ice cream but i have to use my head about it. i have to make sure i have a serving and not go overboard. i know i can't avoid it all together. i just have to stay strong and be smart. i'm determined to become a healthy eater again!!

well, i'm going to go now. dad and i are fixin' to watch the world of outlaws dirt track racing on speed. there's a race in concord tonight at the dirt track. wish i was there!!!

kisses.............

p.s. thanks, donna, for the tip about curves. i've had several folks tell me they liked it. i could swing by there on the way home from work and get all my frustrations out. i would love to get back into an exercise routine and that might be the trick! :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

All things in moderation, right? A little bit of ice cream is OK. Are you doing points with WW? I really need to look into that again. I've got 50 pounds that need to go away. It's hard especially the older you get. I didn't believe that until I hit the 40s.