Thursday, November 29, 2007

into the groove

oh how i love the 80's! i'm listening to madonna's into the groove. i didn't realize i downloaded the extended dance version, but i'm not disappointed. i'm chair dancing...lol. wonder if that counts towards my activity points for weight watchers? ;)

oh, snap, crackle, and pop...music...i love that song. can you tell i downloaded madonna songs last night from i-tunes?

i've got a playlist i created called winthrop days. it has some of my fav songs from the 80's. it's a feel-good mix if i do say so myself...lol. it takes me back to the money, elmo duggan's, the silver dollar, sigma nu sud flood, tke 12:01 parties, fall bash and spring fling. ok, looking back over that flashback...too much partying!! the mix includes some depeche mode, madonna, prince, midnight star, kajagoogoo, yaz, dead or alive, culture club, duran duran, dazz band, and so on and so on. there's 50+ songs at the moment.

i love listening to my i-pod at work. it drowns out all the noise from all the loud people and copier and phones. when i've got a slobber-drool task to do, my music makes it easier to handle. fyi: slobber-drool task equals a necessary-evil task where you are slobbering/drooling by the end of it because it's so repetitive, i.e. printing reports, formatting spreadsheets, uploading files to a database, etc. i didn't make up that term, just got it from my old boss.

as much as i'd love to stay and wax nostalgia, i've got to get ready for work.

kisses...

p.s. day 29 of nablopomo...almost there!

1 comment:

EnnaVic said...

I got a sentimental 80's flashback today. I was waiting for MacGyver (and his mullet) to be on - trying to introduce my kids to real culture you know :) ) and they must have been running early because they played Wham's "Last Christmas" video. My gosh the 80's hair and clothes!
It was this video (but less blurry!)

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJeUAmfr6w&feature=related

Scary? *chuckle*

PS: Oh cool - there is a karaoke version on Youtube as well *hehehe*