Thursday, November 8, 2007

focus

we had our 1st weight watchers meeting yesterday. not surprisingly, it's all women who signed up for this session. maybe guys don't want to go on a diet during the holiday season? :) from the lively conversation while we were all weighing in, it looks like we're going to have a good group. what i like about it, too, is i get to meet people from other parts of the company who i wouldn't normally run into. i also got to see some friends i don't get to see too often.

i was disappointed with my weight. it was not where i expected it to be. that's ok b/c this whole deal is about focus (hence the title). when i woke up yesterday, i told myself i was going to look at eating in a different light. i'm taking it seriously this time around. i'm proud of myself that i avoided the m&m's bowl even though i had points to accomodate eating some. i saved my points for real food that satisfied me. i'm planning on reaching my 10% goal at a minimum by the end of the 17 weeks.

mom and i were looking over the literature last night. i printed off a sample of the menus for 1 week. there's lots of options and it also gives a shopping list to go along with it. i will definitely be increasing my veggie and fruit intake as well as dairy. last night and this morning, i was looking at nutrition labels and i'm actually thinking whether the points are worth it or not before having something. believe me, folks, this is a big, big change for me. in the past i'd eat without a second thought as to the consequences of calories, fat, sodium, etc.

the next step is to get on an exercise program. as with the eating, i'm going to start out simple. right now i think i just need to focus (there it is again) on mild exercise. walking is free, easy to do, and i can start now. when i go see dr. b on the 20th, i'm going to ask him how soon after my knee surgery will i be able to start an exercise program. it's about getting myself moving, which i haven't done any more than necessary for quite a while.

it's time to get ready for work. i'm looking forward to my new adventure! i haven't been excited about something like this in a while...lol. i'm such a goober sometimes.

kisses....

No comments: