Tuesday, November 6, 2007

7 things about me

  1. my daughter, janelle, is the best thing that has happened to me besides having my family. she has made me look at my life in a whole new light. i'm amazed at how strong and determined she is. i admire her for not being afraid to let people know she is a christian. she is much braver than i was at 17.
  2. my sister, suzy, is the BEST friend i have ever had, even when we were not talking to each other for about 4 months. i don't even remember what we were fighting about. i know that she will stand by me no matter what and will put me in my place when i need a reality check.
  3. i'm an artist at heart. some days it kills me to work in accounting. i get in touch with my creative side by doodling and drawing when i'm on the phone with users.
  4. depeche mode is my all-time favorite band. the 1st song i remember hearing by them was people are people. i got to see them in concert in atlanta in the mid-90's and absolutely loved it even though i was one of the "old" people (there were lots of college kids at the concert).
  5. i love dancing with glow sticks when a really good dance mix is on. you'd never know it by looking at me now, but this big girl can tear up a dance floor...lol.
  6. i have always wanted a pet skunk. when i was about 9 years old, my sister, my brother, and i attended a local day camp here in north augusta. one of the ladies who worked in the office was visited by her husband, who was a forest ranger. he had come across some baby skunks that had lost their mother. he had them checked out by a vet and had their little stink glands removed (not that day, but early after he found the baby skunks). he and his wife had kept them as pets and he brought them to the office to show her. i held one of them and he snuggled up against my neck. it was love at 1st sight. from then on, i wanted a skunk. i've never been able to get one and i think it is illegal to own one now. for years my family has given me skunk figurines and stuffed skunks and skunk puppets to make up for it. :)
  7. i've wanted to live in a remote french village....similar to the one in chocolat.

i know this is a quick little post. i'm just about finished with my ripple scarf and want to get back working on it. i've taken some pics and will post them soon.

kisses...

No comments: