Wednesday, July 11, 2007

is it the weekend yet?

first the good news: janelle was nominated to compete for a $3000 scholarship at business week. she has to write an essay and then if she is selected, she is interviewed. i hope she does well. this will be a big boost for her. she has really worked hard this summer on her fbla stuff and the business week stuff. she has stepped up and taken the lead with her various roles she's been assigned. i'm so VERY proud of her!!

i miss her though even when she's home and on the go with her friends. i'll be glad when all this travelling is behind her!

=======================
being sensitive sucks sometimes. i hate crybabies and i have been one today! i must be pms'ing b/c i am crying at the drop of a hat. today at work sucked b/c we are in the testing phase of this new software. the consultant who has been the main one working with us is a jerk. he's very condescending and talks down to us...me mainly. he treats me like i'm a total idiot and i'm just sick of it.

it seemed like every bit of input i gave or question i asked was challenged. at one point i threw my hands up in the air and tearfully said "i give up! i'll do whatever y'all say and that will be that!" i honestly don't care anymore b/c the app is so buggy and incomplete. it will not fly with the user community. my stomach is starting to hurt now just thinking about it.

i gathered myself together and started the testing at my desk. there were limited scenarios i could test b/c a couple of the pieces are not complete yet. well, i couldn't even test those basic functions b/c they didn't think about the things i tried to do. hello!! they were in the blueprint and they were in the test scenarios. supposedly the functions were tested, but i'm finding they weren't. the logic behind some of the functions showed me that they have little or limited experience in the practical application of the functions. enough about work!!
=====================

i'm going to go now. i'm tired and my stomach and my knee are hurting. i am debating whether to take a percocet or not. i think i will b/c i want to have a good night's sleep. oh i don't have my appt with dr c. tomorrow. he wants to see me after i have the other gallbladder scan so he can discuss everything with me.

kisses.......

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi, neighbor! :) Got your comment on my blog and wanted to say hello. I'm here in NA also. Drop me a note at sc_beach_girl_6572 AT yahoo DOT com