Tuesday, June 19, 2007

weighty issue

yesterday did not start off very good for me. i had a fight with janelle about my weight. i'm extremely overweight...bigger than i ever thought i would be. i remember saying i would never get over 200 lbs. well, that one has been passed and then some.

she started in on me about not going to water aerobics and why couldn't i just do it. she said i needed to start losing weight again and that i was basically not doing what i should be doing. then she started in on me about having a cane in my car. dr. ortho said to keep one handy in case in needed it for my knee since i have the torn cartilage in my rt knee. i tried to explain it to her and she just went off on me about how there were people in worse shape than me who didn't use a cane. i just blew my top and yelled at her to get off my back about my weight and about the stupid cane. we wound up driving to work separately.

but here's the kicker...she sent me a text later apologizing for fussing at me and offered me a piece of cheesecake! i just don't understand her sometimes. i know it's b/c she's 17 and she sees things very black and white sometimes. i guess b/c she's gotten herself in good shape and basically eats right that it's just that easy. i told her i appreciated her apology, but didn't want the cheesecake. i also apologized for yelling at her. sometimes she just pushes my buttons and as hard as i try not to, i still wind up yelling. we're cool now.

i finished 2 of my wip's, at least the knitting part of it...the headband i started last wednesday and a self designed red and black wool bag. i used some of the leftover neopolitan colored cotton yarn i had for the headband. i think it turned out cute. i've got to find 2 buttons, 1/2 inch in diameter, to sew on. for the red and black bag i used the knotted check pattern from very easy ciruclar knits by betty barnden. the handles are i-cord. i'll post pics when i get them finished.

i've also got to find some material to line my isabeau purse. i found the plastic canvas and cut the pieces to give it a little more body. i'll probably wind up using fusable lining sandwiched in between 2 layers of the lining to give even more body to the purse. i need a button for it as well. i'm going to have to stop by hancock fabrics and see what they have.

stitch night is tonight!! i'm excited about it and hope it actually happens this month. something came up with mrs. barbara last month and we didn't have it. i hope it's a go cause i'm ready to catch up with everyone. i'm taking my crochet ripple blanket to show her and my other projects that i've been working on. i am going to ask her advice on yarn for the shrug i want to make for janelle.

well, i'm going to go now. the alarm clock will pester me in about 5 hours. it's a good thing i had that nap right after i got home from work. hopefully i won't have any problems sleeping. percocet helps :)

kisses....

No comments: