Wednesday, November 3, 2010

day after election day

i say it's good to be a republican! hopefully things will turn for the better again.

this evening i talked to my dear friend, joyce. she is a friend i made at work about 11 years ago. the funny thing is we have never met. she worked at one of our papers in florida and i'm here in the augusta area. we have tried to get together to hang out, but things never seemed to quite work out. either something came up for one or the other of us or didn't have the money to travel, etc. we have made plans to meet halfway between us which is savannah. the time is in february. i'm excited about it and will do everything in my power to make it happen. her hubby told her that if this didn't work out, he was going to drive her up here so we could hang out...lol. we have such a good time talking and carrying on. i know it would be even better hanging out in person.

my old boss called me today and asked me to meet her for lunch. she said she wanted to catch up with me. part of me is a little concerned though. i consider her a mentor. she has helped me out when i needed an objective and honest opinion. i wonder if i've done/said something i shouldn't have and she's going to help me. the other thing may be she's trying to feel out how things are going to be now that the last company is converting to the financial system. it's going to be a big change for a lot of folks. there's been rumblings already on both sides. communication is lacking big time. i'm really bothered by it because i know it could be better. i'm not allowed to be involved much and when i do give my opinion, i'm shut down or argued with. i hope she'll set me on the right path.

i'm going to go now. 3 days posting so far! i am going to try hard to keep it up. i forgot how much i enjoyed posting. i need to upload my artwork i've done lately to show off my artsy side...lol.

kisses!

No comments: