Tuesday, January 8, 2008

on the eve of weight watchers wednesday

a friend of mine who is in my weight watchers group shared this website with me. there's tons of good information on dottie's website and helpful hints with following the ww program. i have subscribed to the newsletter and get even more inspiring information delivered to my inbox.

here's the link to the restaurant guide. oh my goodness...were my eyes opened wide as well as my daughter's eyes. i looked back at some of the things i used to eat and it's a wonder i don't weigh even more than when i started the program.

i have seriously dipped into my 35 extra points for the week. thankfully the points reset tomorrow for the new week. i'm going to work very hard and try not to go over if i can help it. i haven't had really any activity to speak of. the chair lift is still broken at the aquatic center, so no water aerobics.

i found out that a gym membership can be covered under my flex spending account if i get my doctor to write a subscription or recommendation. i've got to call and find out exactly what is needed. i'm hoping a letter from him will suffice. even if flex doesn't cover it, the cost is only $50 a year for residents inside the city limits. you get access to an indoor track, various workout machines (treadmill, elliptical machines, stairsteppers, recumbent and stationary bicycles), rowing machines, and weight machines. it's not a bad deal even if you live outside the city limits b/c it's only $100 a year. so...what am i waiting for, right? got to get myself in gear!!

i am trying very hard to have a good attitude at work. it's been hectic and i'm learning new things and of course making mistakes b/c i don't knwo what i'm doing in some instances. it's getting a little easier for the most part. i'm not sure how my boss is handling it though. i feel for her even though i get aggravated when she is short with us. she's got a lot on her so i'm not to let things bother me. a couple of the others have made comments to me and i'm trying to lend an ear. until we all get used to each other's ways and personalities, it's going to be kind of strange. they will learn to tell when she's in a bad mood...lol. she conditioned us all in the old department!

i'm tired. janelle has convinced me that we need to get up earlier so she can straighten her hair with her new straightening iron. we are now getting up between 4:30 - 4:45. she has to be at school before 7:15 and needs time to sit and stare, shower, eat breakfast, get dressed, and get beautiful...lol.

i didn't realize that sometimes when i go wake her up, that she's really not awake when she answers me. she told me to ask her if she knows it's time to get up. she was slow going this morning. i had to go in 3-4 times until she finally got up. she's like me....not really a morning person. we don't really talk much...just do our thing and then we wake up fully and get on with our day.

well i'm going now. 4:30 gets here quick.

No comments: