Thursday, December 27, 2007

Towels & Microwaves - not a good combo

Towels & Microwaves - not a good combo

How about I caused our building to smell like burnt marshmallows this morning?  It’s real cold in my area and I was trying to figure out a way to warm up.  I’ve already had a cup of coffee, I’m wearing a sweatshirt and a sweater, and I have a blanket covering my legs.  And I’m still cold.  So I decided to warm up this kitchen towel in the microwave to wrap around my knee and hopefully relieve some of the coldness.

Long story short, I opened the microwave door and smoke started billowing out.  I snatched it out of the microwave and immediately threw it in the sink running water on it.  One of my co-workers was in the break room with me and she dumped her big ol’ cup of ice on top of the towel.  I started fanning the air to prevent the fire alarm from going off.  And people started coming to the break room to see what was burning.  I’m standing there red-faced trying to explain that I left something in the microwave too long.

One of my other co-workers said it smells like burnt marshmallows.  They were agreeing that it was better than burnt popcorn.  Right now it’s all I can smell.  I’ve been dabbing this lavender lotion under my nose to try and help, but it’s not.  Hopefully this will all be aired out tonight.

So after I get off work today, I’m going to buy a heating pad or something to bring here to work to keep warm.  Maintenance is supposed come by and check out the heating/air.  The thermostat is on 73 now and it’s still cold.  I don’t know what else they can do.

Kisses…

No comments: