Thursday, November 15, 2007

good review

i've been with my company 8 years as of today and had my annual perfomance review. i am so excited b/c it was a freakin' awesome review. my boss gave me high scores on almost every category. i was 2 points from a perfect score...lol. my emotions messed me up some. she talked to me about trying to not show my frustration when users don't read instructions. that i struggle with all the time, but i'm trying. she complimented me on taking initiative in the problem-solving area and told me i have really stepped up to the plate this year. that really made me feel good b/c at times i do question whether i know what i'm doing. she said i need to stop second-guessing what i know especially with new projects.

she also told me that we are going to be moving to a new group. finally! this is a really good move for both of us. she will have more responsibility, but i think she will do fine. she said she is going to give me more hands-on with the maintenance of the databases and i'll help with some of the reverse-engineering with the conversion. i'm going to be gaining more skills! yippee!! i get to move into an area i've wanted to work in for about 3 years now. i had a meltdown a couple of weeks ago when they started laying off some folks. part of my job is going away after the 1st part of the year. my role will change and i'll be taking over some of the training with reporting and of course i'll still handle the budgeting.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
now the update on weight watchers:
we had a really good meeting. as i said, our group had good results overall. the biggest loser was 6.4 pounds. there were several of us in the 5 pound category...a lot of 3.6's and a few 1 pounders. we talked about thanksgiving and how to handle it. our group leader told us not to beat ourselves up too bad if we go over our points for thanksgiving day. she did say to use our heads and not go overboard.

i'm lucky that mom is making thanksgiving dinner. she is going to try and make it as healthy as possible, but she said she is still going to make some of the favorites. i'm going to measure out my portions and watch my points for breakfast and lunch so i can enjoy a little more for dinner.

i'm going to play this holiday season smart. i want to continue to lose during the holidays even with all the temptations that will be laying in wait. it helps having dawn around to talk to and the other folks have been supportive as well. i purposely didn't go to the service awards ceremony this morning b/c there was food that would tempt me. there was a birthday celebration this afternoon for one of our co-workers. i went in the breakroom, told him happy birthday, and then left. i didn't even look at the cake they brought him. i decided i wasn't wasting points unnecessarily.

losing weight this time just feels different to me. i seem more focused than before. this is a very doable thing. after i get my knee fixed, i'm going to get back to walking or doing the elliptical machine. i still have some punches left on my water aerobics card. i have options and i'm going to use them. i want to be at my 1st goal by the end of the 17 weeks. i'm already planning on joining again after the end of this session.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
janelle is on a bus to birmingham for a fbla regional convention. they got a late start so they won't be there for a while. she's going to call me or text me when they get there. i miss her already. how am i ever going to adjust to her going to college next year?!

i'm going to sign off now.

kisses...

No comments: