Tuesday, September 4, 2007

senior year and open house

this evening i went to the senior parents' meeting at janelle's school. as the speakers were talking and giving us lots of info, i was getting excited for janelle. she has been working on college applications and having me review them to make sure everything looks good. i want to schedule a visit with her to north greenville and check it out. we pretty much agreed that she would take the tour while i talked to the financial aid folks. my knee is not up to my walking around the school. now if they provide scooters or golf carts....

after the senior parents' meeting, we had open house. i got to meet all of janelle's teachers except for the weight lifting teacher. i like most of them. her english teacher has a lot of energy and she is very enthusiastic about getting the kids ready for the ap exams. there was one i didn't care for too much. she was kind of snooty and really didn't acknowledge me hardly at all. she was one of my brother's teachers and gave him a hard time. hopefully janelle won't have any problems with her. we haven't said anything to her about that teacher and my brother.

and i got to see mrs. s my art teacher. she is just as i remember her. she hasn't changed a bit. i told her i would come by and see her so we could visit. i'm going to take her some of my art work so she can see what i've been up to since the last time i saw her. i really miss her!!!

i tell you what...it about whooped me walking all over that school. i think i pushed myself too hard tonight. i was hurting on my right side...i'm sure from the gallbladder surgery. even though i feel good for the most part, i have to keep reminding myself that i had surgery 2 weeks ago. when i got home all i could do was collapse in my chair and just catch my breath for a few minutes. i took some otc pain reliever, which has kicked in. hopefully i'll sleep good tonight.

i see dr s tomorrow for follow up. just about all of my incisions have healed as well as the areas where i had reactions to the steri-strip adhesive. after i get the go-ahead from him, i'm going to call dr b and schedule the knee surgery for the end of november/first of december. i want it all done with one deductible this year. i've got all the other medical bills on a payment plan...might as well add the knee to the process.

work was so-so today. we had a meeting this afternoon about the status of the project. we've still got a ways to go. some miracles are needed. it's going to be piece-mill (sp) and i don't like that. i am running through my test scenarios again to see if some of the issues have been resolved, but not updated and closed. it's frustrating when the higher-ups don't seem to mind the end result not being 100% usable. work-arounds are going to be the catch phrase this year. i don't know if i shot myself in the foot, but i said i didn't feel comfortable enough to present it to the users as it is today. if i'm forced to do so, i will. i need my job. i keep reminding myself that i have been up against worse challenges. this will get better. i'm determined i will not let myself get emotional about this. when my day is done, i'm leaving b/c it will all be waiting for me the next day.

well, i'm going to go now. it's time for me to go to bed.

kisses....

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow, a senior. What an exciting time for your daughter and you. Mine is a freshman, so we're just starting that high school road.

Re. work, yep, try to leave it at the end of the day. It will always be there. No need to let it make you crazy.