Friday, September 28, 2007

finally this week is over!

boy, has it been a long week! i stayed on the phone for the majority of each workday. it's definitely budget season. we have had some weird stuff happen with some of the forms and reports. since i'm the first line of support, i have to take charge first and if i can't figure it out, i have to pass it on to my boss. fortunately most things are a quick fix.

the most time consuming part of my job is helping folks set up their user point of view for their reports. last year we found a way to help the users create pick lists for their locations. it's basically a one-time set up, but it's kind of confusing if you're not real familiar with the company structure. i wind up setting a lot of them up for folks and showing them a second time (sometimes a third or fourth time) how to run their reports. i don't mind so much as long as i don't have a flood of calls at once.

i'm there to help and i don't like having folks getting frustrated with something that they won't ever have to mess with again. it also gives me an opportunity to get to know them and see what's going on across the company. i talked to one really great guy from juneau ak. he informed me they had their 1st frost last night and that today they had beautiful sunny weather. if you know anything about juneau, you know it rains a lot. i told him they were going to have to figure out a way for me to come up there. i think i need to go put on a training session or two on up there...lol.

janelle and i are heading to erskine for college preview day. we have to be there at 10am. i want to leave around 7 even though it's only an hour and a half away. i want plenty of time to get there and have some buffer time in case we run into any traffic/detours, etc. in greenwood. we can always get a cup of coffee somewhere to waste some time.

on wednesday mom and i met with one of the kids on the yearbook committee to place senior ads for janelle. i had a hard time picking which pictures i wanted to put in my ad. i also went brain dead trying to come up with the copy to write. i finally was able to come up with something i liked. i hope she will like it too.

i'm sitting here listening to my itunes while i've been catching up on emails and blogging. right now gimme some truth by generation x is playing....some good ol' punk music from billy idol back in the day!

my most favorite band of all time has to be depeche mode. dave gahan's voice just drives me crazy sometimes. i fell in love with them when people are people came out in the 80's. i got to see them in concert in atlanta in the early 90's. a co-worker won tickets to the concert at lakewood amphitheater and couldn't go. she gave them to me. i went with a friend of mine and had a blast. i wish we could have gotten closer to the stage, but i was happy just being there. probably the song i like the most by them is strangelove. i can't explain why i like it so much, but i do. sometimes at work on my ipod i select artists > depeche mode and just immerse myself in their songs. i can get a lot of work done while listening to them. (side note: my big boss caught me jamming while i was listening to my ipod this week. i was chair-dancing and felt a presence behind me. i turned and he was standing there grinning at me. he said i was "getting down" and he hated to interrupt me...lol!)

well, i'm going to sign off now. i've got to catch up on my yahoo email.

kisses....

p.s. ROCK LOBSTER!!! love those b-52's!!!

No comments: