Monday, August 27, 2007

back to the grindstone

my monday back after surgery was about what i expected. it was hectic...there were some tears shed by me...darvocet evened me out. i started to stress which caused me to hurt so i wisely took a happy pill. my friend jane offered to drive me home if i got sleepy, but i was ok.

w/o going into too much boring detail (i.e. whining), i ran into some roadblocks along the way during the day. i'm trying to take the friendly advice of those who have been there done that and just go with the flow. i am not solely responsible for the success or failure of this project. i am putting in my 2 cents and learning to wisely let things go even tho it goes against my grain to have a so-so product. my users are going to rebel. mark my words!! and enough about that....

my generous and thoughtful co-workers gave me a card and a little something-something in it so i can go get a manicure/pedicure or some yarn and/or knitting goodies or whatever else (this!) my heart might desire. i was very pleased and surprised by it all. it helped make the 1st day back better.

i did get some bad news tho from a co-worker at one of our locations. her husband was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer. i'm thinking he is in his mid-to-late 30's-early 40's. keep them in your prayers...his name is walt and her name is kelly. they have 3 kids from elementary to middle school ages. and he's a high school history teacher. he is having his treatments every other friday and has a 48-hour iv treatment he does at home. he's going to try to teach as long as possible. the doctors feel it will help him so he's got other things occupying his time and thoughts rather than the cancer. the saddest thing is she said it's incurable. the treatments just help him extend his time. i pray they all are able to cram as much good stuff as they can in with whatever the time may be.

well, i've got to go. i need to eat some dinner.

kisses.....

p.s. i wound up frogging the sock i was working on. i looked at it more closely and realized i had made quite a few mistakes that would be hard to duplicate...lol. now that i have the pattern down pat, i'm hoping the new one will go much smoother.

No comments: