Tuesday, July 3, 2007

frenchy

i'm listening to the soundtrack from one of my fav french movies, amelie. it really makes me want to go to france. i've always wanted to visit there and possibly live in one of those small french country villages where there are like 500 people in the whole place.

i trace my love of france and all things french to my childhood. one of my all time fav movies was aristocats. the setting was in france and the mama cat spoke french from time to time. and i just loved pepe le pew, the french skunk always chasing the unsuspecting female cat.

i majored in french at winthrop, but never completed my degree. i was inducted in the national french honor society, pi delta phi, my sophmore year. and just the other day, i remembered how to say " i would like a dulce de leche latte grande please" ( je voudrais un latte de dulce de leche de grande svp...i looked it up on babelfish!) i was pleased to find i had my verb tense right. i struggled with verb tenses from time to time. recently i even went as far as looking up french podcasts on itunes. some day i will download a whole bunch of them and get back in the french mode again.

well, i'm going to go now. au revoir mes amies!

bisous*......

*kisses

No comments: