Friday, June 29, 2007

it's official....

i have a hiatal hernia. i went yesterday to have the gallbladder sonogram, endoscopy and colonoscopy. dr. c confirmed that i have a hiatal hernia. i have to call his office for an appt to discuss the details. hopefully this will help me get back on track to feeling good so i can start losing weight.

overall the procedures weren't that bad. of course they knock you out so you don't know what's going on in the first place. this morning i woke up with a headache and wanted some coffee and toast for some odd reason. i couldn't have it beforehand. i told my dad before i went back for the procedures that i wanted him to fix me some toast when i got home...lol.

on the way home from the hospital, i asked dad if he would stop and get me a coffee. he asked me what i wanted and i had a hankering for one of those toffee-flavored ones from the bp station. he brought out the biggest one they had. i was so happy to get it and it was definitely delicious. once we got back to the house, he gave me a pack of toastchee crackers and sent me to my room to have it with my toffee coffee.

i checked my email while i finished my crackers and coffee. then i slept like a baby. i felt so well rested when i got up last evening. i feel like a whole new person almost. and i think the swelling in my legs isn't as bad. maybe having to be on a clear diet and have internal cleansing helped along some of the issues causing me to swell. we'll see when i get up to go to work. (it's almost 1am according to computer time and i have to get up for work in about 5 hours).

mom was totally reading my mind and fixed up beef hotdogs for dinner. she had some of her homemade chili and her de-li-cious potato salad. i rarely eat anyone else's potato salad b/c my mom's is the best. she keeps it simple and doesn't add onions or eggs or any of that other junk in it. i think it's just potatoes, mustard, pickle relish and maybe a little mayo. can't get much better than that is all i'm saying!

well, as i said, i've got to get up in about 5 hours so i'm going to go now.

kisses....

p.s. janelle sent to my cell a pic from the sears tower in chicago. they went on a tour there today. it was totally cool!!!

No comments: